Insight Biblical Counseling of Mt. Pleasant exists to counsel people in the grace and power of Christ for the sake of his Church.
Insight Biblical Counseling is committed to a ministry of change by the grace and power of Jesus Christ. Here is what that means:
A commitment to grace-centered transformation.
One of the great promises that Christianity offers is that change in our lives is possible in very profound ways. IBC of Mount Pleasant centers that hope for change in the person of Jesus Christ. It is through the tremendous grace extended to us in his life, death, and resurrection that we can have real confidence that God is actively involved in every aspect of our lives and desires to conform us to the likeness of Christ. He gives us comfort in every situation we face and he calls us to a deeper faithfulness to him that renews how we view ourselves, relate to him and others and how we respond to the joys and trials of life.
A commitment to church-based transformation.
The picture of Spirit-enabled change in the New Testament is consistently centered on the ministry of the Church as Christ’s body in the world. We believe that it is through connection with, and commitment to, the church that we most fully understand how God has created us and how our lives become filled with purpose, honor his name and advance his kingdom.&nbsp; Therefore IBC of Mount Pleasant is committed to pointing people to the blessings and benefits of Christ’s Church while equipping his church to minster to those in need of Holy Spirit directed and Holy Spirit empowered care.
To live out these commitments, IBC of Mount Pleasant ministers to the greater Charleston area in two specific ways:
Counseling: We help individuals, couples, children and families in the most challenging situations in life. The truth of God’s Word speaks into every circumstance that we face, giving wisdom, instruction, and encouragement. We seek to apply personally and specifically those aspects of God’s Word that fit the needs of each person.
Training: The message of Gospel-driven change is best received when it is communicated in a variety of contexts. Therefore, IBC of Mount Pleasant offers ministry through teaching as well. We promote groups of caring and sharing that foster a sense of belonging and shatter loneliness in the journey to change. We offer opportunities to understand the hope and call of God in the areas of pre-marital training, anxiety, marriage renewal, addictions and more. We therefore sponsor and promote a number of special training events which equip Christians to understand how the Word of God applies to them personally and how they can minister to others with similar problems to their own.
Statement of Faith
Insight Biblical Counseling stands in the Protestant and Reformed tradition. First and foremost, we believe in the power and authority of God’s written word. We also subscribe to the historic creeds of the Christian Church and the confessions of the Reformation. However, we also believe that God is building his people throughout the range of theological traditions and seek to serve alongside brothers and sisters from different biblical perspectives.
Here is a statement of our beliefs:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignty chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Creeds and Confessions We Believe: